Archival Pigment Print
24 X 20 Inches (60.9 X 50.8 CM)
Edition of 25
Signed & Numbered by Artist
Located at The intersection of Santa Monica and Wilshire Boulevards, Beverly Hills and Built in 1931, architect Ralph Carlin Flewelling designed The Electric Fountain with a statue of a Tongva Indian, sculpted by artist Robert Merrell Gage, standing atop the fountain praying for rain. At night ever-changing colored lights, in 60 different combinations set to eight-minutes intervals, light the fountain. A beautiful but modest display by todayʼs high-tech standards, it was considered extraordinarily innovative in 1931. Silent film star Harold Lloydʼs mother raised the funds to construct the fountain.